Sunday, November 30, 2008

Switzerland!

    



I have finally found the time and words to describe my travels. Switzerland is beautiful, very different from England. I have been staying with my Aunt Fay and her family for the past week. They live in the village Rothenflu, about 45 minutes outside of Basel. The village is very small and they live right across from the school, I can watch my cousin play in the school yard through the window from the dining room table. It has snowed since I first arrived, giving me the chance to see the beautiful mountins covered in snow. I have been kept very busy by my three young cousins Frankie who is 10, Audrey 8, and Tristan 4. Fay and I went on an amazing hike through the Swiss countryside right after the snow storm, it was like a winter wonderland. Of course I was hiking in borrowed shoes and jeans. I do not have enough cloths to keep me warm in this weather.







Here is a picture of Tristan, he is so cute and sweet. He has worked very hard speaking in only English to me with a cute Swiss accent. He loves the new words I've taught him like frig , and hot coco. 
It has been nice getting to know my family who are always so far away.  I will be leaving in a couple of days for Italy. Fianlly going to head out
 on my



 own and really do some of the traveling that I had been hopeing to do when I decide to take this trip.
Not sure when  I'll have a chance to use the internet and post again. 
But I will try and keep in touch.



 

1 comment:

Sandy said...

I am sitting in a Chicago hotel room settling down for the night and I came across your update. Tristin is a cutie!!! Say hi to Fay and Roger and enjoy the next part of your trip. If you need us, we're here!